WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fetid, foetid, foul, foul-smelling, funky, noisome, smelly, stinking, ill-scented, malodorous (vs. fragrant), malodourous, unpleasant-smelling, ill-smelling, stinky
- usage: offensively malodorous; "a foul odor"; "the kitchen smelled really funky"
- 2. funky, low-down, emotional (vs. unemotional)
- usage: (of jazz) having the soulful feeling of early blues
- 3. funky, unconventional (vs. conventional) (vs. conventional)
- usage: stylish and modern in an unconventional way; "she likes funky clothes"; "we did it all in black and white in a very funky sixties style"
- 4. funky, cowardly (vs. brave), fearful
- usage: in a state of cowardly fright
All rights reserved.
See also: funky (Dictionary)