Synonyms of frozen
- 1. freeze, stop dead, stand still
- usage: stop moving or become immobilized; "When he saw the police car he froze"
- 2. freeze, change state, turn
- usage: change to ice; "The water in the bowl froze"
- 3. freeze, suffer
- usage: be cold; "I could freeze to death in this office when the air conditioning is turned on"
- 4. freeze, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to freeze; "Freeze the leftover food"
- 5. freeze, suspend, interrupt, break
- usage: stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it; "Suspend the aid to the war-torn country"
- 6. freeze
- usage: be very cold, below the freezing point; "It is freezing in Kalamazoo"
- 7. freeze, freeze out, freeze down, solidify
- usage: change from a liquid to a solid when cold; "Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit"
- 8. freeze, block, immobilize, immobilise, withhold, keep back
- usage: prohibit the conversion or use of (assets); "Blocked funds"; "Freeze the assets of this hostile government"
- 9. freeze, anesthetize, anaesthetize, anesthetise, anaesthetise, put under, put out
- usage: anesthetize by cold
- 10. freeze, act, behave, do
- usage: suddenly behave coldly and formally; "She froze when she saw her ex-husband"
- 1. frozen (vs. unfrozen), frostbitten, frost-bound, glaciated, icebound, ice-clogged, icy, sleety, unthawed, cold, unmelted
- usage: turned into ice; affected by freezing or by long and severe cold; "the frozen North"; "frozen pipes"; "children skating on a frozen brook"
- 2. frozen(predicate), rooted(predicate), stock-still, nonmoving (vs. moving), unmoving
- usage: absolutely still; "frozen with horror"; "they stood rooted in astonishment"
- 3. frigid, frosty, frozen, glacial, icy, wintry, cold (vs. hot)
- usage: devoid of warmth and cordiality; expressive of unfriendliness or disdain; "a frigid greeting"; "got a frosty reception"; "a frozen look on their faces"; "a glacial handshake"; "icy stare"; "wintry smile"
- 4. frozen, unmelted (vs. melted)
- usage: not thawed
- 5. flash-frozen, quick-frozen, frozen, preserved (vs. fresh)
- usage: (used of foods) preserved by freezing sufficiently rapidly to retain flavor and nutritional value; "frozen foods"
- 6. frozen, nondisposable (vs. disposable)
- usage: not convertible to cash; "frozen assets"
- 7. fixed, frozen, unchangeable (vs. changeable)
- usage: incapable of being changed or moved or undone; e.g. "frozen prices"; "living on fixed incomes"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of frozen (Dictionary)