WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. foulness, iniquity, wickedness, darkness, dark
- usage: disgusting wickedness and immorality; "he understood the foulness of sin"; "his display of foulness deserved severe punishment"; "mouths which speak such foulness must be cleansed"
- 2. filth, filthiness, foulness, nastiness, unsanitariness
- usage: a state characterized by foul or disgusting dirt and refuse
- 3. foulness, raininess, badness, severity, severeness
- usage: (of weather) the badness of the weather; "they were wearied with the foulness of the weather"
- 4. malodorousness, stinkiness, foulness, rankness, fetidness, olfactory property, smell, aroma, odor, odour, scent
- usage: the attribute of having a strong offensive smell
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of foulness (Dictionary)