Synonyms of fortified
- 1. strengthen, beef up, fortify, change, alter, modify
- usage: make strong or stronger; "This exercise will strengthen your upper body"; "strengthen the relations between the two countries"
- 2. fortify, fort, enclose, close in, inclose, shut in
- usage: enclose by or as if by a fortification
- 3. arm, build up, fortify, gird
- usage: prepare oneself for a military confrontation; "The U.S. is girding for a conflict in the Middle East"; "troops are building up on the Iraqi border"
- 4. fortify, add
- usage: add nutrients to; "fortified milk"
- 5. spike, lace, fortify, change, alter, modify
- usage: add alcohol to (beverages); "the punch is spiked!"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bastioned, fortified, protected (vs. unprotected)
- usage: secured with bastions or fortifications
- 2. fortified, strong (vs. weak)
- usage: having something added to increase the strength; "fortified wine"
All rights reserved.