WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. formula, expression, mathematical statement
- usage: a group of symbols that make a mathematical statement
- 2. recipe, formula, direction, instruction
- usage: directions for making something
- 3. formula, statement
- usage: a conventionalized statement expressing some fundamental principle
- 4. formula, chemical formula, statement
- usage: a representation of a substance using symbols for its constituent elements
- 5. convention, normal, pattern, rule, formula, practice
- usage: something regarded as a normative example; "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
- 6. formula, milk
- usage: a liquid food for infants
- 7. rule, formula, procedure, process
- usage: (mathematics) a standard procedure for solving a class of mathematical problems; "he determined the upper bound with Descartes' rule of signs"; "he gave us a general formula for attacking polynomials"
All rights reserved.
See also: formula (Dictionary)