WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. precursor, forerunner, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who goes before or announces the coming of another
- 2. harbinger, forerunner, predecessor, herald, precursor, indication, indicant
- usage: something that precedes and indicates the approach of something or someone
- 3. antecedent, forerunner, temporal relation
- usage: anything that precedes something similar in time; "phrenology was an antecedent of modern neuroscience"
All rights reserved.
See also: forerunner (Dictionary)