WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. footprint, footmark, step, mark, print
- usage: a mark of a foot or shoe on a surface; "the police made casts of the footprints in the soft earth outside the window"
- 2. footprint, trace, vestige, tincture, shadow
- usage: a trace suggesting that something was once present or felt or otherwise important; "the footprints of an earlier civilization"
- 3. footprint, area, expanse, surface area
- usage: the area taken up by some object; "the computer had a desktop footprint of 10 by 16 inches"
All rights reserved.
See also: footprint (Dictionary)