Synonyms of fooling
- 1. fool, gull, befool, deceive, lead on, delude, cozen
- usage: make a fool or dupe of
- 2. fritter, frivol away, dissipate, shoot, fritter away, fool, fool away, consume, squander, waste, ware
- usage: spend frivolously and unwisely; "Fritter away one's inheritance"
- 3. gull, dupe, slang, befool, cod, fool, put on, take in, put one over, put one across, deceive, betray, lead astray
- usage: fool or hoax; "The immigrant was duped because he trusted everyone"; "You can't fool me!"
- 4. horse around, arse around, fool around, fool, play, joke, jest
- usage: indulge in horseplay; "Enough horsing around--let's get back to work!"; "The bored children were fooling about"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fooling, casual, light (vs. heavy)
- usage: characterized by a feeling of irresponsibility; "a broken back is nothing to be casual about; it is no fooling matter"
All rights reserved.