Synonyms of fool
- 1. fool, sap, saphead, muggins, tomfool, simpleton, simple
- usage: a person who lacks good judgment
- 2. chump, fool, gull, mark, patsy, fall guy, sucker, soft touch, mug, victim, dupe
- usage: a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of
- 3. jester, fool, motley fool, clown, buffoon, goof, goofball, merry andrew
- usage: a professional clown employed to entertain a king or nobleman in the Middle Ages
- 1. fool, gull, befool, deceive, lead on, delude, cozen
- usage: make a fool or dupe of
- 2. fritter, frivol away, dissipate, shoot, fritter away, fool, fool away, consume, squander, waste, ware
- usage: spend frivolously and unwisely; "Fritter away one's inheritance"
- 3. gull, dupe, slang, befool, cod, fool, put on, take in, put one over, put one across, deceive, betray, lead astray
- usage: fool or hoax; "The immigrant was duped because he trusted everyone"; "You can't fool me!"
- 4. horse around, arse around, fool around, fool, play, joke, jest
- usage: indulge in horseplay; "Enough horsing around--let's get back to work!"; "The bored children were fooling about"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fool (Dictionary)