WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. folly, foolishness, unwiseness, trait
- usage: the trait of acting stupidly or rashly
- 2. stupidity, betise, folly, foolishness, imbecility, mistake, error, fault
- usage: a stupid mistake
- 3. folly, foolishness, craziness, madness, stupidity
- usage: the quality of being rash and foolish; "trying to drive through a blizzard is the height of folly"; "adjusting to an insane society is total foolishness"
- 4. folly, foolery, tomfoolery, craziness, lunacy, indulgence, play, frolic, romp, gambol, caper
- usage: foolish or senseless behavior
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of folly (Dictionary)