F Synonyms of flushed
1. blush, crimson, flush, redden, discolor, discolour, colour, color
usage: turn red, as if in embarrassment or shame; "The girl blushed when a young man whistled as she walked by"
2. flush, run, flow, feed, course
usage: flow freely; "The garbage flushed down the river"
3. flush, glow
usage: glow or cause to glow with warm color or light; "the sky flushed with rosy splendor"
4. flush, level, even out, even, change surface
usage: make level or straight; "level the ground"
5. flush, scour, purge, rinse, rinse off
usage: rinse, clean, or empty with a liquid; "flush the wound with antibiotics"; "purge the old gas tank"
6. sluice, flush, drench, douse, dowse, soak, sop, souse
usage: irrigate with water from a sluice; "sluice the earth"
7. flush, water, irrigate
usage: cause to flow or flood with or as if with water; "flush the meadows"
1. flushed, rose-cheeked, rosy, rosy-cheeked, healthy (vs. unhealthy)
usage: having the pinkish flush of health
2. crimson, red, reddened, red-faced, flushed, colored (vs. uncolored), coloured, colorful
usage: (especially of the face) reddened or suffused with or as if with blood from emotion or exertion; "crimson with fury"; "turned red from exertion"; "with puffy reddened eyes"; "red-faced and violent"; "flushed (or crimson) with embarrassment"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.