- 1. fluid, substance
- usage: a substance that is fluid at room temperature and pressure
- 2. fluid, matter
- usage: continuous amorphous matter that tends to flow and to conform to the outline of its container: a liquid or a gas
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fluid, unstable, changeable (vs. unchangeable), changeful
- usage: subject to change; variable; "a fluid situation fraught with uncertainty"; "everything was unstable following the coup"
- 2. fluid, runny, liquid (vs. gaseous) (vs. solid)
- usage: characteristic of a fluid; capable of flowing and easily changing shape
- 3. fluent, fluid, liquid, smooth, graceful (vs. awkward)
- usage: smooth and unconstrained in movement; "a long, smooth stride"; "the fluid motion of a cat"; "the liquid grace of a ballerina"
- 4. fluid, liquid, disposable (vs. nondisposable)
- usage: in cash or easily convertible to cash; "liquid (or fluid) assets"
- 5. fluid, mobile, changeable (vs. unchangeable), changeful
- usage: affording change (especially in social status); "Britain is not a truly fluid society"; "upwardly mobile"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fluid (Dictionary)