- 1. fluff, material, stuff
- usage: any light downy material
- 2. bagatelle, fluff, frippery, frivolity, triviality, trivia, trifle, small beer
- usage: something of little value or significance
- 3. fluff, blunder, blooper, bloomer, bungle, pratfall, foul-up, fuckup, flub, botch, boner, boo-boo
- usage: a blunder (especially an actor's forgetting the lines)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. botch, bodge, bumble, fumble, botch up, muff, blow, flub, screw up, ball up, spoil, muck up, bungle, fluff, bollix, bollix up, bollocks, bollocks up, bobble, mishandle, louse up, foul up, mess up, fuck up, fail, go wrong, miscarry
- usage: make a mess of, destroy or ruin; "I botched the dinner and we had to eat out"; "the pianist screwed up the difficult passage in the second movement"
- 2. ruffle, fluff, loosen
- usage: erect or fluff up; "the bird ruffled its feathers"
- 3. tease, fluff, comb, comb out, disentangle
- usage: ruffle (one's hair) by combing the ends towards the scalp, for a full effect
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fluff (Dictionary)