WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flexible (vs. inflexible), limber, supple, negotiable, on the table
- usage: capable of being changed; "flexible schedules"
- 2. flexible (vs. inflexible), flexile, bendable, pliable, pliant, waxy, double-jointed, limber, supple, limber, spinnable, spinnbar, stretched, elastic
- usage: able to flex; able to bend easily; "slim flexible birches"
- 3. elastic, flexible, pliable, pliant, adaptable (vs. unadaptable)
- usage: able to adjust readily to different conditions; "an adaptable person"; "a flexible personality"; "an elastic clause in a contract"
- 4. flexible, whippy, elastic (vs. inelastic)
- usage: bending and snapping back readily without breaking
- 5. compromising (vs. uncompromising), conciliatory, flexible, yielding
- usage: making or willing to make concessions; "loneliness tore through him...whenever he thought of...even the compromising Louis du Tillet"
All rights reserved.
See also: flexible (Dictionary)