- 1. bit, chip, flake, fleck, scrap, fragment
- usage: a small fragment of something broken off from the whole; "a bit of rock caught him in the eye"
- 2. spot, speckle, dapple, patch, fleck, maculation, marking
- usage: a small contrasting part of something; "a bald spot"; "a leopard's spots"; "a patch of clouds"; "patches of thin ice"; "a fleck of red"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spot, fleck, blob, blot, change surface
- usage: make a spot or mark onto; "The wine spotted the tablecloth"
All rights reserved.
See also: fleck (Dictionary)