- 1. defect, fault, flaw, imperfection, imperfectness
- usage: an imperfection in an object or machine; "a flaw caused the crystal to shatter"; "if there are any defects you should send it back to the manufacturer"
- 2. flaw, failing, weakness
- usage: defect or weakness in a person's character; "he had his flaws, but he was great nonetheless"
- 3. flaw, imperfection, imperfectness
- usage: an imperfection in a plan or theory or legal document that causes it to fail or that reduces its effectiveness
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flaw, blemish, damage
- usage: add a flaw or blemish to; make imperfect or defective
All rights reserved.
See also: flaw (Dictionary)