WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flak catcher, flak, flack catcher, flack, spokesperson, interpreter, representative, voice
- usage: a slick spokesperson who can turn any criticism to the advantage of their employer
- 2. fire, attack, flak, flack, blast, criticism, unfavorable judgment
- usage: intense adverse criticism; "Clinton directed his fire at the Republican Party"; "the government has come under attack"; "don't give me any flak"
- 3. antiaircraft, antiaircraft gun, flak, flack, pom-pom, ack-ack, ack-ack gun, gun
- usage: artillery designed to shoot upward at airplanes
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of flak (Dictionary)