- 1. calculate, estimate, reckon, count on, figure, forecast, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: judge to be probable
- 2. figure, enter, be
- usage: be or play a part of or in; "Elections figure prominently in every government program"; "How do the elections figure in the current pattern of internal politics?"
- 3. visualize, visualise, envision, project, fancy, see, figure, picture, image, imagine, conceive of, ideate, envisage
- usage: imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind; "I can't see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
- 4. calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure, reason
- usage: make a mathematical calculation or computation
- 5. figure, grok, get the picture, comprehend, savvy, dig, grasp, compass, apprehend
- usage: understand; "He didn't figure her"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. figured, patterned (vs. plain)
- usage: (of e.g. fabric design) adorned with patterns; "my dress is richly figured"- Amy Lowell
All rights reserved.
See also: figured (Dictionary)