WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. figure, fig, illustration
- usage: a diagram or picture illustrating textual material; "the area covered can be seen from Figure 2"
- 2. fig, common fig, common fig tree, Ficus carica, fig tree
- usage: Mediterranean tree widely cultivated for its edible fruit
- 3. Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, FIG, Al-Jama'a al-Islamiyyah al-Muqatilah bi-Libya, Libyan Fighting Group, Libyan Islamic Group
- usage: a Libyan terrorist group organized in 1995 and aligned with al-Qaeda; seeks to radicalize the Libyan government; attempted to assassinate Qaddafi
- 4. fig, edible fruit
- usage: fleshy sweet pear-shaped yellowish or purple multiple fruit eaten fresh or preserved or dried
All rights reserved.
See also: fig (Dictionary)