Synonyms of fielding
- 1. fielding, handling, manipulation
- usage: (baseball) handling the ball while playing in the field
- 2. Fielding, Henry Fielding
- usage: English novelist and dramatist (1707-1754)
- 1. field, handle, palm
- usage: catch or pick up (balls) in baseball or cricket
- 2. field, play
- usage: play as a fielder
- 3. field, answer, reply, respond
- usage: answer adequately or successfully; "The lawyer fielded all questions from the press"
- 4. field, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: select (a team or individual player) for a game; "The Buckeyes fielded a young new quarterback for the Rose Bowl"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fielding (Dictionary)