- 1. black-footed ferret, ferret, Mustela nigripes, musteline mammal, mustelid, musteline
- usage: musteline mammal of prairie regions of United States; nearly extinct
- 2. ferret, polecat, fitch, foulmart, foumart, Mustela putorius
- usage: domesticated albino variety of the European polecat bred for hunting rats and rabbits
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ferret, hound, hunt, trace
- usage: hound or harry relentlessly
- 2. ferret, hunt, run, hunt down, track down
- usage: hunt with ferrets
- 3. ferret out, ferret, discover, find
- usage: search and discover through persistent investigation; "She ferreted out the truth"
All rights reserved.
See also: ferret (Dictionary)