Synonyms of fawning
- 1. fawn, crawl, creep, cringe, cower, grovel, bend, flex
- usage: show submission or fear
- 2. fawn, toady, truckle, bootlick, kowtow, kotow, suck up, flatter, blandish
- usage: try to gain favor by cringing or flattering; "He is always kowtowing to his boss"
- 3. fawn, give birth, deliver, bear, birth, have
- usage: have fawns; "deer fawn"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bootlicking, fawning, obsequious, sycophantic, toadyish, insincere (vs. sincere)
- usage: attempting to win favor from influential people by flattery
- 2. bootlicking, fawning, sycophantic, toadyish, servile (vs. unservile)
- usage: attempting to win favor by flattery
All rights reserved.