Synonyms of favourable
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. favorable (vs. unfavorable), favourable, approving, affirmative, approbative, approbatory, plausive, indulgent, affirmative#1, affirmatory, complimentary, good
- usage: encouraging or approving or pleasing; "a favorable reply"; "he received a favorable rating"; "listened with a favorable ear"; "made a favorable impression"
- 2. favorable (vs. unfavorable), favourable, following(prenominal), propitious
- usage: (of winds or weather) tending to promote or facilitate; "the days were fair and the winds were favorable"
- 3. favorable, favourable, convenient (vs. inconvenient)
- usage: occurring at a convenient or suitable time; "an opportune time to receive guests"
- 4. golden, favorable, favourable, lucky, prosperous, propitious (vs. unpropitious)
- usage: presaging or likely to bring good luck; "a favorable time to ask for a raise"; "lucky stars"; "a prosperous moment to make a decision"
All rights reserved.