Synonyms of fastened
- 1. fasten, fix, secure, attach
- usage: cause to be firmly attached; "fasten the lock onto the door"; "she fixed her gaze on the man"
- 2. fasten, attach
- usage: become fixed or fastened; "This dress fastens in the back"
- 3. fasten, attach
- usage: attach to; "They fastened various nicknames to each other"
- 4. tighten, fasten, change, alter, modify
- usage: make tight or tighter; "Tighten the wire"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fastened (vs. unfastened), pegged-down
- usage: firmly closed or secured; "found the gate fastened"; "a fastened seatbelt"
- 2. buttoned (vs. unbuttoned), fastened, botonee, botonnee, button-down
- usage: furnished or closed with buttons or something buttonlike
- 3. tied (vs. untied), fastened, knotted
- usage: fastened with strings or cords; "a neatly tied bundle"
All rights reserved.