WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fanciful, notional, creative (vs. uncreative), originative
- usage: indulging in or influenced by fancy; "a fanciful mind"; "all the notional vagaries of childhood"
- 2. fanciful, imaginary, notional, unreal (vs. real)
- usage: not based on fact; unreal; "the falsehood about some fanciful secret treaties"- F.D.Roosevelt; "a small child's imaginary friends"; "to create a notional world for oneself"
- 3. fanciful, fancy (vs. plain)
- usage: having a curiously intricate quality; "a fanciful pattern with intertwined vines and flowers"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fanciful (Dictionary)