- 1. facing, lining, liner
- usage: a lining applied to the edge of a garment for ornamentation or strengthening
- 2. facing, veneer, coating, coat
- usage: an ornamental coating to a building
- 3. facing, cladding, protective covering, protective cover, protection
- usage: a protective covering that protects the outside of a building
- 4. lining, facing, application, coating, covering
- usage: providing something with a surface of a different material
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. confront, face up, face, set about, go about, approach
- usage: deal with (something unpleasant) head on; "You must confront your problems"; "He faced the terrible consequences of his mistakes"
- 2. confront, face, meet, encounter, play, take on
- usage: oppose, as in hostility or a competition; "You must confront your opponent"; "Jackson faced Smith in the boxing ring"; "The two enemies finally confronted each other"
- 3. front, look, face, lie
- usage: be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to; "The house looks north"; "My backyard look onto the pond"; "The building faces the park"
- 4. face, be
- usage: be opposite; "the facing page"; "the two sofas face each other"
- 5. face, turn
- usage: turn so as to face; turn the face in a certain direction; "Turn and face your partner now"
- 6. confront, face, present
- usage: present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize; "We confronted him with the evidence"; "He was faced with all the evidence and could no longer deny his actions"; "An enormous dilemma faces us"
- 7. face, disclose, expose
- usage: turn so as to expose the face; "face a playing card"
- 8. face, line
- usage: line the edge (of a garment) with a different material; "face the lapels of the jacket"
- 9. face, cover
- usage: cover the front or surface of; "The building was faced with beautiful stones"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of facing (Dictionary)