WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. facile, superficial (vs. profound)
- usage: arrived at without due care or effort; lacking depth; "too facile a solution for so complex a problem"
- 2. facile, effortless (vs. effortful)
- usage: performing adroitly and without effort; "a facile hand"
- 3. eloquent, facile, fluent, silver, silver-tongued, smooth-spoken, articulate (vs. inarticulate)
- usage: expressing yourself readily, clearly, effectively; "able to dazzle with his facile tongue"; "silver speech"
All rights reserved.
See also: facile (Dictionary)