WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ecstasy, rapture, transport, exaltation, raptus, emotional state, spirit
- usage: a state of being carried away by overwhelming emotion; "listening to sweet music in a perfect rapture"- Charles Dickens
- 2. exaltation, celestial point
- usage: the location of a planet in the zodiac at which it is believed to exert its maximum influence
- 3. exaltation, flock
- usage: a flock of larks (especially a flock of larks in flight overhead)
- 4. deification, exaltation, apotheosis, worship
- usage: the elevation of a person (as to the status of a god)
All rights reserved.
See also: exaltation (Dictionary)