WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Europe
- usage: the 2nd smallest continent (actually a vast peninsula of Eurasia); the British use `Europe' to refer to all of the continent except the British Isles
- 2. European Union, EU, European Community, EC, European Economic Community, EEC, Common Market, Europe, world organization, world organisation, international organization, international organisation, global organization
- usage: an international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members; "he tried to take Britain into the Europen Union"
- 3. Europe, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: the nations of the European continent collectively; "the Marshall Plan helped Europe recover from World War II"
All rights reserved.
See also: europe (Dictionary)