- 1. envy, enviousness, resentment, bitterness, gall, rancor, rancour
- usage: a feeling of grudging admiration and desire to have something that is possessed by another
- 2. envy, invidia, mortal sin, deadly sin
- usage: spite and resentment at seeing the success of another (personified as one of the deadly sins)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. envy, admire, look up to
- usage: feel envious towards; admire enviously
- 2. envy, begrudge, desire, want
- usage: be envious of; set one's heart on
All rights reserved.
See also: envy (Dictionary)