WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. empire, imperium, domain, demesne, land
- usage: the domain ruled by an emperor or empress; the region over which imperial dominion is exercised
- 2. empire, government, authorities, regime
- usage: a group of countries under a single authority; "the British created a great empire"
- 3. empire, monarchy
- usage: a monarchy with an emperor as head of state
- 4. conglomerate, empire, corporation, corp
- usage: a group of diverse companies under common ownership and run as a single organization
- 5. Empire, eating apple, dessert apple
- usage: an eating apple that somewhat resembles a McIntosh; used as both an eating and a cooking apple
All rights reserved.
See also: empire (Dictionary)