Synonyms of eclipse
- 1. eclipse, occultation, interruption, break
- usage: one celestial body obscures another
- 1. overshadow, dominate, eclipse, brood, hover, loom, bulk large
- usage: be greater in significance than; "the tragedy overshadowed the couple's happiness"
- 2. eclipse, occult, overshadow
- usage: cause an eclipse of (a celestial body) by intervention; "The Sun eclipses the moon today"; "Planets and stars often are occulted by other celestial bodies"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of eclipse (Dictionary)