WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. durable, lasting, long-lasting, long-lived, long (vs. short)
- usage: existing for a long time; "hopes for a durable peace"; "a long-lasting friendship"
- 2. durable, long-wearing, serviceable (vs. unserviceable)
- usage: capable of withstanding wear and tear and decay; "durable denim jeans"
- 3. durable, indestructible, perdurable, undestroyable, imperishable (vs. perishable)
- usage: very long lasting; "less durable rocks were gradually worn away to form valleys"; "the perdurable granite of the ancient Appalachian spine of the continent"
All rights reserved.
See also: durable (Dictionary)