Synonyms of dulles
- 1. Dulles, John Foster Dulles
- usage: United States diplomat who (as Secretary of State) pursued a policy of opposition to the USSR by providing aid to American allies (1888-1959)
- 1. dull, change, alter, modify
- usage: make dull in appearance; "Age had dulled the surface"
- 2. dull, change
- usage: become dull or lusterless in appearance; lose shine or brightness; "the varnished table top dulled with time"
- 3. muffle, mute, dull, damp, dampen, tone down, soften
- usage: deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping
- 4. numb, benumb, blunt, dull, desensitize, desensitise
- usage: make numb or insensitive; "The shock numbed her senses"
- 5. dull, blunt, change, alter, modify
- usage: make dull or blunt; "Too much cutting dulls the knife's edge"
- 6. pall, dull, change
- usage: become less interesting or attractive
- 7. dull, weaken
- usage: make less lively or vigorous; "Middle age dulled her appetite for travel"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of dulles (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.