Synonyms of ducking
- 1. ducking, duck hunting, hunt, hunting
- usage: hunting ducks
- 2. submersion, immersion, ducking, dousing, wetting
- usage: the act of wetting something by submerging it
- 1. duck, move
- usage: to move (the head or body) quickly downwards or away; "Before he could duck, another stone struck him"
- 2. duck, dive, plunge, plunk
- usage: submerge or plunge suddenly
- 3. dip, douse, duck, dunk, dip, souse, plunge, douse
- usage: dip into a liquid; "He dipped into the pool"
- 4. hedge, fudge, evade, put off, circumvent, parry, elude, skirt, dodge, duck, sidestep, avoid
- usage: avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues); "He dodged the issue"; "she skirted the problem"; "They tend to evade their responsibilities"; "he evaded the questions skillfully"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.