Synonyms of drooping
- 1. sag, droop, swag, flag, sink, drop, drop down
- usage: droop, sink, or settle from or as if from pressure or loss of tautness
- 2. droop, loll, dangle, swing, drop
- usage: hang loosely or laxly; "His tongue lolled"
- 3. wilt, droop, decay, crumble, dilapidate
- usage: become limp; "The flowers wilted"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. drooping, flagging, tired (vs. rested)
- usage: weak from exhaustion
- 2. drooping, droopy, sagging, lax (vs. tense)
- usage: hanging down (as from exhaustion or weakness)
- 3. cernuous, drooping, nodding, pendulous, weeping, unerect (vs. erect)
- usage: having branches or flower heads that bend downward; "nodding daffodils"; "the pendulous branches of a weeping willow"; "lilacs with drooping panicles of fragrant flowers"
All rights reserved.