- 1. drilling, boring, creating by removal
- usage: the act of drilling
- 2. boring, drilling, oil production, production
- usage: the act of drilling a hole in the earth in the hope of producing petroleum
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bore, drill, cut
- usage: make a hole, especially with a pointed power or hand tool; "don't drill here, there's a gas pipe"; "drill a hole into the wall"; "drill for oil"; "carpenter bees are boring holes into the wall"
- 2. drill, train, develop, prepare, educate
- usage: train in the military, e.g., in the use of weapons
- 3. drill, exercise, practice, practise, learn, study, read, take
- usage: learn by repetition; "We drilled French verbs every day"; "Pianists practice scales"
- 4. drill, teach, learn, instruct
- usage: teach by repetition
- 5. drill, train, prepare
- usage: undergo military training or do military exercises
All rights reserved.
See also: drilling (Dictionary)