Synonyms of draft
- 1. draft, bill of exchange, order of payment, negotiable instrument
- usage: a document ordering the payment of money; drawn by one person or bank on another
- 2. draft, draught, wind, air current, current of air
- usage: a current of air (usually coming into a chimney or room or vehicle)
- 3. draft, rough drawing, sketch, study
- usage: a preliminary sketch of a design or picture
- 4. draft, draught, potation, tipple, drink
- usage: a serving of drink (usually alcoholic) drawn from a keg; "they served beer on draft"
- 5. draft, draft copy, text, textual matter
- usage: any of the various versions in the development of a written work; "a preliminary draft"; "the final draft of the constitution"
- 6. draft, draught, depth, deepness
- usage: the depth of a vessel's keel below the surface (especially when loaded)
- 7. draft, regulator
- usage: a regulator for controlling the flow of air in a fireplace
- 8. draft, draught, dose, dosage
- usage: a dose of liquid medicine; "he took a sleeping draft"
- 9. conscription, muster, draft, selective service, mobilization, mobilisation, militarization, militarisation
- usage: compulsory military service
- 10. gulp, draft, draught, swig, swallow, drink, deglutition
- usage: a large and hurried swallow; "he finished it at a single gulp"
- 11. draft, draught, drawing, pull, pulling
- usage: the act of moving a load by drawing or pulling
- 1. draft, outline, write, compose, pen, indite
- usage: draw up an outline or sketch for something; "draft a speech"
- 2. enlist, draft, muster in, enroll, inscribe, enter, enrol, recruit
- usage: engage somebody to enter the army
- 3. blueprint, draft, draught, design, plan
- usage: make a blueprint of
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of draft (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.