- 1. downcast, shaft
- usage: a ventilation shaft through which air enters a mine
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. downcast, down (vs. up)
- usage: directed downward; "a downcast glance"
- 2. gloomy, grim, blue, depressed, dispirited, down(predicate), downcast, downhearted, down in the mouth, low, low-spirited, dejected (vs. elated)
- usage: filled with melancholy and despondency ; "gloomy at the thought of what he had to face"; "gloomy predictions"; "a gloomy silence"; "took a grim view of the economy"; "the darkening mood"; "lonely and blue in a strange city"; "depressed by the loss of his job"; "a dispirited and resigned expression on her face"; "downcast after his defeat"; "feeling discouraged and downhearted"
All rights reserved.
See also: downcast (Dictionary)