WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dominion, rule, dominance, ascendance, ascendence, ascendancy, ascendency, control
- usage: dominance or power through legal authority; "France held undisputed dominion over vast areas of Africa"; "the rule of Caesar"
- 2. district, territory, territorial dominion, dominion, region
- usage: a region marked off for administrative or other purposes
- 3. Dominion, state, nation, country, land, commonwealth, res publica, body politic
- usage: one of the self-governing nations in the British Commonwealth
All rights reserved.
See also: dominion (Dictionary)