Synonyms of dominating
- 1. predominate, dominate, rule, reign, prevail
- usage: be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance; "Money reigns supreme here"; "Hispanics predominate in this neighborhood"
- 2. dominate, influence, act upon, work
- usage: be in control; "Her husband completely dominates her"
- 3. dominate, master, control, command
- usage: have dominance or the power to defeat over; "Her pain completely mastered her"; "The methods can master the problems"
- 4. overshadow, dominate, eclipse, brood, hover, loom, bulk large
- usage: be greater in significance than; "the tragedy overshadowed the couple's happiness"
- 5. dominate, command, overlook, overtop, lie
- usage: look down on; "The villa dominates the town"
- 1. ascendant, ascendent, dominating, dominant (vs. subordinate)
- usage: most powerful or important or influential; "the economically ascendant class"; "D-day is considered the dominating event of the war in Europe"
- 2. commanding, dominating, overlooking, high (vs. low)
- usage: used of a height or viewpoint; "a commanding view of the ocean"; "looked up at the castle dominating the countryside"; "the balcony overlooking the ballroom"
- 3. autocratic, bossy, dominating, high-and-mighty, magisterial, peremptory, domineering (vs. submissive)
- usage: offensively self-assured or given to exercising usually unwarranted power; "an autocratic person"; "autocratic behavior"; "a bossy way of ordering others around"; "a rather aggressive and dominating character"; "managed the employees in an aloof magisterial way"; "a swaggering peremptory manner"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.