Synonyms of doctor
- 1. doctor, doc, physician, MD, Dr., medico, medical practitioner, medical man
- usage: a licensed medical practitioner; "I felt so bad I went to see my doctor"
- 2. Doctor of the Church, Doctor, theologian, theologist, theologizer, theologiser
- usage: (Roman Catholic Church) a title conferred on 33 saints who distinguished themselves through the orthodoxy of their theological teaching; "the Doctors of the Church greatly influenced Christian thought down to the late Middle Ages"
- 3. doctor, play, child's play
- usage: children take the roles of physician or patient or nurse and pretend they are at the physician's office; "the children explored each other's bodies by playing the game of doctor"
- 4. doctor, Dr., scholar, scholarly person, bookman, student
- usage: a person who holds Ph.D. degree (or the equivalent) from an academic institution; "she is a doctor of philosophy in physics"
- 1. sophisticate, doctor, doctor up, load, adulterate, stretch, dilute, debase
- usage: alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive; "Sophisticate rose water with geraniol"
- 2. doctor, treat, care for
- usage: give medical treatment to
- 3. repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch on, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of doctor (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.