WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. divination, guess, conjecture, supposition, surmise, surmisal, speculation, hypothesis
- usage: successful conjecture by unusual insight or good luck
- 2. prophecy, divination, prediction, foretelling, forecasting, prognostication
- usage: a prediction uttered under divine inspiration
- 3. divination, foretelling, soothsaying, fortune telling, prophecy, prognostication, vaticination
- usage: the art or gift of prophecy (or the pretense of prophecy) by supernatural means
All rights reserved.
See also: divination (Dictionary)