Synonyms of dissolved
- 1. dissolve, fade out, fade away, change state, turn
- usage: become weaker; "The sound faded out"
- 2. dissolve, resolve, break up, change integrity
- usage: cause to go into a solution; "The recipe says that we should dissolve a cup of sugar in two cups of water"
- 3. dissolve, break up, end, terminate
- usage: come to an end; "Their marriage dissolved"; "The tobacco monopoly broke up"
- 4. disband, dissolve, break up
- usage: stop functioning or cohering as a unit; "The political wing of the party dissolved after much internal fighting"
- 5. dissolve, upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit
- usage: cause to lose control emotionally; "The news dissolved her into tears"
- 6. dissolve, break down, lose it, snap
- usage: lose control emotionally; "She dissolved into tears when she heard that she had lost all her savings in the pyramid scheme"
- 7. dissolve, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to fade away; "dissolve a shot or a picture"
- 8. dissolve, disintegrate
- usage: pass into a solution; "The sugar quickly dissolved in the coffee"
- 9. dissolve, thaw, unfreeze, unthaw, dethaw, melt, liquefy, flux, liquify
- usage: become or cause to become soft or liquid; "The sun melted the ice"; "the ice thawed"; "the ice cream melted"; "The heat melted the wax"; "The giant iceberg dissolved over the years during the global warming phase"; "dethaw the meat"
- 10. dissolve, break up, end, terminate
- usage: bring the association of to an end or cause to break up; "The decree officially dissolved the marriage"; "the judge dissolved the tobacco company"
- 11. dissolve, dismiss, change, alter, modify
- usage: declare void; "The President dissolved the parliament and called for new elections"
- 1. dissolved, melted (vs. unmelted), liquid, liquified
- usage: (of solid matter) reduced to a liquid form; "add the dissolved gelatin"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.