WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. disassociate, dissociate, divorce, disunite, disjoint, separate, part, split up, split, break, break up
- usage: part; cease or break association with; "She disassociated herself from the organization when she found out the identity of the president"
- 2. decouple, dissociate, distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell apart
- usage: regard as unconnected; "you must dissociate these two events!"; "decouple our foreign policy from ideology"
- 3. dissociate, decompose, break up, break down
- usage: to undergo a reversible or temporary breakdown of a molecule into simpler molecules or atoms; "acids dissociate to give hydrogen ions"
All rights reserved.
See also: dissociate (Dictionary)