- 1. disassociate, dissociate, divorce, disunite, disjoint, separate, part, split up, split, break, break up
- usage: part; cease or break association with; "She disassociated herself from the organization when she found out the identity of the president"
- 2. disjoint, disarticulate, separate, disunite, divide, part
- usage: separate at the joints; "disjoint the chicken before cooking it"
- 3. disjoin, disjoint, separate, disunite, divide, part
- usage: make disjoint, separated, or disconnected; undo the joining of
- 4. disjoin, disjoint, separate, divide, part
- usage: become separated, disconnected or disjoint
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. confused, disconnected, disjointed, disordered, garbled, illogical, scattered, unconnected, incoherent (vs. coherent)
- usage: lacking orderly continuity; "a confused set of instructions"; "a confused dream about the end of the world"; "disconnected fragments of a story"; "scattered thoughts"
- 2. disjointed, divided (vs. united)
- usage: taken apart at the joints; "a disjointed fowl"
- 3. disjointed, dislocated, separated, injured (vs. uninjured)
- usage: separated at the joint; "a dislocated knee"; "a separated shoulder"
All rights reserved.
See also: disjointed (Dictionary)