- 1. disarming, disarmament, demobilization, demobilisation
- usage: act of reducing or depriving of arms; "the disarmament of the aggressor nations must be complete"
- 1. disarm, demilitarize, demilitarise
- usage: remove offensive capability from
- 2. disarm, convert, win over, convince
- usage: make less hostile; win over; "Her charm disarmed the prosecution lawyer completely"
- 3. disarm, unarm, deprive, strip, divest
- usage: take away the weapons from; render harmless
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. disarming, unprovocative (vs. provocative), unprovoking
- usage: capable of allaying hostility
All rights reserved.
See also: disarming (Dictionary)