WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dipper, ladle
- usage: a ladle that has a cup with a long handle
- 2. Little Dipper, Dipper
- usage: a cluster of seven stars in Ursa Minor; at the end of the dipper's handle is Polaris
- 3. Big Dipper, Dipper, Plough, Charles's Wain, Wain, Wagon
- usage: a group of seven bright stars in the constellation Ursa Major
- 4. bufflehead, butterball, dipper, Bucephela albeola, duck
- usage: small North American diving duck; males have bushy head plumage
- 5. water ouzel, dipper, oscine, oscine bird
- usage: small stocky diving bird without webbed feet; frequents fast-flowing streams and feeds along the bottom
All rights reserved.
See also: dipper (Dictionary)