- 1. dilute, thin, thin out, reduce, cut, weaken
- usage: lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixture; "cut bourbon"
- 2. load, adulterate, stretch, dilute, debase, corrupt, spoil
- usage: corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance; often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones; "adulterate liquor"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. diluted (vs. undiluted), dilute, cut, thinned, weakened, watery, washy, weak, white
- usage: reduced in strength or concentration or quality or purity; "diluted alcohol"; "a dilute solution"; "dilute acetic acid"
All rights reserved.
See also: dilute (Dictionary)