- 1. die, dice, cube, square block
- usage: a small cube with 1 to 6 spots on the six faces; used in gambling to generate random numbers
- 2. die, shaping tool
- usage: a device used for shaping metal
- 3. die, cutter, cutlery, cutting tool
- usage: a cutting tool that is fitted into a diestock and used for cutting male (external) screw threads on screws or bolts or pipes or rods
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. die, decease, perish, go, exit, pass away, expire, pass, kick the bucket, cash in one's chips, buy the farm, conk, give-up the ghost, drop dead, pop off, choke, croak, snuff it, change state, turn
- usage: pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life; "She died from cancer"; "The children perished in the fire"; "The patient went peacefully"; "The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102"
- 2. die, suffer, endure
- usage: suffer or face the pain of death; "Martyrs may die every day for their faith"
- 3. die, break down, lose it, snap
- usage: be brought to or as if to the point of death by an intense emotion such as embarrassment, amusement, or shame; "I was dying with embarrassment when my little lie was discovered"; "We almost died laughing during the show"
- 4. fail, go bad, give way, die, give out, conk out, go, break, break down, change
- usage: stop operating or functioning; "The engine finally went"; "The car died on the road"; "The bus we travelled in broke down on the way to town"; "The coffee maker broke"; "The engine failed on the way to town"; "her eyesight went after the accident"
- 5. die, feel, experience
- usage: feel indifferent towards; "She died to worldly things and eventually entered a monastery"
- 6. die, ache, yearn, yen, pine, languish
- usage: languish as with love or desire; "She dying for a cigarette"; "I was dying to leave"
- 7. die, die out, cut out
- usage: cut or shape with a die; "Die out leather for belts"
- 8. die, play
- usage: to be on base at the end of an inning, of a player
- 9. die, pall, become flat, change
- usage: lose sparkle or bouquet; "wine and beer can pall"
- 10. die, disappear, vanish, go away
- usage: disappear or come to an end; "Their anger died"; "My secret will die with me!"
- 11. die
- usage: suffer spiritual death; be damned (in the religious sense); "Whosoever..believes in me shall never die"
All rights reserved.
See also: die (Dictionary)